A downloadable tool for Windows
A work in progress open source game engine for windows. Seika consists of two separate applications:
- Core functionality needed to run a game.
- Source: https://github.com/Chukobyte/seika-engine
- Configures a project workspace that is compatible with the engine core.
- Closed source, will be available in some form at a later time.
I created Seika as a test bed for my personal projects and game jams. I have in mind the types of games I want to develop and will strive to make Seika able to be used for that purpose.
As of now, Seika is in alpha so expect bugs and incomplete features. No serious game should be made with Seika until it is stable. Since the changes will be volatile, I recommend to install with the itch.io application to automatically be prompted for an update.
Seika Full Documentation
Projects Made With Seika
Once the engine is more stable, will add examples and tutorials. For now, the full documentation and the engine source code is the best resource for Seika. Also, if using source control it is best to exit the editor when switching branches.
1. Download the file `seika_engine_editor.zip`.
2. Extract the zip within a folder.
3. Run `seika_engine_editor.exe`.
It is recommended to install the engine with itch.io to automatically check for updates
- v0.20 - Post Game Jam UpdateJan 17, 2022
- v0.19 - Quick UpdateJan 10, 2022
- v0.18 - Node queue deletion bug fixJan 09, 2022
- v0.17 - Simple Timer and More Fixes to Audio StreamJan 09, 2022
- v0.16 - Audio Stream on Export FixJan 08, 2022
- v0.15 - Get Collided Entities By TagJan 08, 2022
- v0.14 - Pre-jam updateJan 08, 2022
- v0.13 - Font asset path bug fixNov 18, 2021